By Zdzislawa. Kitchen Cabinet Design. Published at Tuesday, May 22nd, 2018 - 15:17:55 PM.
It’s never fun going through a kitchen renovation, but it sure is fun planning and designing a kitchen. With today’s kitchen design tools you can easily plan and design your new kitchen on your own. There’s also plenty of software options for designing every aspect of a home as well as some really helpful paint visualizer software options. There’s a lot of variables to consider when planning out a kitchen, but fortunately software steps you through it pretty nicely. Since the kitchen is one of the most-used rooms in a home, careful planning is important. You don’t want to have to renovate your kitchen reno.
Why use a kitchen design tools? It’s a great starting point, especially if you’re going to hire a custom kitchen builder or cabinet maker. You can take your plans to them so they have something to work with. Of course if you’re going to build your own kitchen, plans are a necessity. Finally, using today’s incredible software (especially the 3D versions) allows you to visualize your kitchen much better than a simple black and white 2D drawing. Kitchen design tools tip: Start by looking at kitchen images. Once you find a kitchen design you like in an image, work from that with your software. Amazingly, many companies offer free kitchen design tool options online. Some are available online while others must be downloaded. Below is our list of free and paid design software options that include kitchen design.
1. Home Stratosphere’s Interior Design Tools (Includes Kitchen Design). Actually, this platform designs all rooms of the home, but has some nice kitchen features. It's entirely available online. FYI, there are some premium features as well. Finally, if you're on a mobile device, be sure to click through for the mobile version. That said, it's pretty difficult using design software on a phone. I personally wouldn't bother. Tablets are okay; laptop or desktop computers are best.
2. Backsplash and Cabinet Design Software. This is a unique offering in that its focus is on designing backsplashes and cabinets. It's very easy to use to test backsplash patterns, cabinet colors and countertop designs against one-another. It's totally free (offered by a backsplash retailer so they hope you buy products from them. This is good because those retail profits make it possible to provide this free software (it's not cheap developing and providing online software). The graphics aren't as crisp as premium software providers, but it's a great platform to muck around with various designs to get an idea of some basic backsplash colors, materials and shapes.
3. Homestyler (FREE). Homestyler is an immensely popular online interior design software option (largely because it’s free and offers 3D output). This particular program offers a kitchen module. How it works is you start with planning the layout/footprint. From there, you choose the kitchen module so that you can input kitchen-specific items such as cabinets, countertops, sinks, appliances, etc.
4. Home Hardware Kitchen Design Software (FREE). Home Hardware offers one of the best free kitchen design software platforms. They have an online option dedicated to kitchens and includes several templates to work from (or create your own from scratch). The entire software platform is available online so you don’t have to download anything. Moreover, there are several pre-designed templates you can load and go from there.
5. IKEA 3D Kitchen Planner (FREE). The IKEA 3D Kitchen Planner is great if you’re going to buy an IKEA kitchen. I’ve purchased my fair share of IKEA furniture and furnishings over the years. Their products are hit and miss. I like IKEA kitchens because they look good, yet don’t cost a fortune. As for durability and quality, I can’t speak to that because I’ve never had an IKEA kitchen.
Any content, trademark’s, or other material that might be found on the EPRESSRELEASES website that is not EPRESSRELEASES’s property remains the copyright of its respective owner/s. In no way does EPRESSRELEASES claim ownership or responsibility for such items, and you should seek legal consent for any use of such materials from its owner.